Children’s Services Early Head Start Teacher (Biddeford, ME)
49 weeks a year; 35 hours/week
The purpose of the Early Head Start Teacher position is to provide a positive, welcoming, safe environment where and children and families can thrive.
The ideal candidate:
• Is someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to have a positive impact on the lives of young children and families of York County.
• The Early Head Start Teacher is responsible for assisting with planning, implementing, and documenting an effective, comprehensive child development program.
• Assumes responsibility of Primary Caregiving, assuring continuity of care.
• Supports family strengths and contributes to the development of family/child focused goals and timelines.
• Maintaining partnerships with families.
• Contributes to ensuring the agency’s full compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
Educational Requirements& Experience:
• Applicants must have a state issued Infant Toddler Credential, 1 or 2, or CDA, or CECA (with 1 year experience) or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
• Experience in a center or home-based setting specializing in infant and toddlers necessary. • Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, and communication skills.
• The teacher must be an open, warm, caring and accepting person, and willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families.
Why YCCAC Children Services:
• We offer a competitive salary; excellent orientation, training and supervision; and a comprehensive benefits package to any employ that works 30 hours or more per week that includes health insurance, dental insurance, retirement benefits and match, life insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and paid time off.
• The position offers a sign-on bonus of $1,500 payable in two installments.
Visit our website at www.yccac.org for an application. Resumes and applications will be accepted until February 28, 2020
York County Community Action
6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72 Sanford
Phone (207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762 Fax (207)459-2811