Children’s Services Head Start Lead Teacher (Springvale, ME)
39 weeks a year; 37.5-40 hours a week
The purpose of the Head Start Lead Teacher position is to provide a positive, welcoming, safe environment where children and families can thrive.
The ideal candidate:
• Is someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to have a positive impact on the lives of young children and families of York County.
Job Responsibilities: • The Head Start Lead Teacher is responsible for planning, implementing, and documenting an effective, comprehensive child development program.
• Maintaining partnerships with families.
• Contributes to ensuring the agency’s full compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing
Requirements. Educational Requirements& Experience:
• An Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood, or related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education.
• Must have experience in an early childhood setting.
• Experience working with families preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• The Lead Teacher must be an open, warm, caring and accepting person.
• Willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families.
Why YCCAC Children Services:
• We offer a competitive salary; excellent orientation, training and supervision; and a comprehensive benefits package to any employ that works 30 hours or more per week that includes health insurance, dental insurance, retirement benefits and match, life insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and paid time off.
Visit our website at www.yccac.org for an application. Resumes and applications will be accepted until January 30, 2020.
York County Community Action
6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72
Sanford, ME 04073
Phone (207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762 Fax (207)459-2811 EOE