Classroom Floater (Sanford/Springvale, ME)
49 weeks a year; 35 hours/week
The purpose of the Classroom Floater is to step in during staff absences and function as a member of the center staff team and help to provide a positive, welcoming, safe environment where children and families can thrive.
The ideal candidate:
• Is someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to have a positive impact on the lives of young children and families of York County.
• Help the Teaching Staff carry out the goals of providing young children with a nurturing and responsive educational experience by supporting classrooms where directed.
• Travel throughout York County to support the YCCAC Early Head Start (age 0-3) and Head Start (age 3-5) Classrooms.
• Contributes to ensuring the agency’s full compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
Educational Requirements& Experience:
• Applicants must have or be working toward a CDA; CDA preferred.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds, reach to an area of two feet and bend to ground level.
• Applicants should be an open, warm, caring and accepting person and be able to demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
• Must be willing to travel throughout York County on a daily basis.
• Must not have an active record on the System for Award management (SAM) website.
Why YCCAC Children Services:
• We offer a competitive salary; excellent orientation, training and supervision; and a comprehensive benefits package to any employ that works 30 hours or more per week that includes health insurance, dental insurance, retirement benefits and match, life insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and paid time off.
Visit our website at www.yccac.org for an application. Resumes and applications will be accepted until January 24, 2019.
York County Community Action
6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72
Sanford, ME 04073
Phone (207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762, Fax (207)459-2811 EOE