Early Head Start Lead Teacher (Biddeford, ME)
49 weeks a year; 37.5 hours/week
The purpose of the Early Head Start Lead Teacher position is to provide a positive, welcoming, safe environment where and children and families can thrive.
The Ideal Candidate: Someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to have a positive impact on the lives of young children and families of York County.
• The Lead Teacher is responsible for planning, implementing, and documenting an effective, comprehensive child development program for infants and toddlers.
• Assumes responsibilities of Primary Caregiving, assuring continuity of care.
• Develops child focused goals in partnership with families, adheres to timelines and coordinates center/home visits with each family.
• Contributes to ensuring the agency’s full compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
• Supervision of individual classroom staff. Educational Requirements& Experience: • An Infant/Toddler CDA, Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood (preferred), or related coursework equivalent to a CDA or degree. A Preschool CDA will be accepted with additional training and experience with infant and toddler care.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a center or home-based setting specializing in infant and toddlers preferred.
• Must have experience in an early childhood setting. • Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills.
• The lead teacher must be an open, warm, caring and accepting person, and willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of families. Must be willing to travel and have own vehicle.
Why YCCAC Children Services?
We offer a competitive salary; excellent orientation, training and supervision; and a comprehensive benefits package to any employ that works 30 hours or more per week that includes health insurance, dental insurance, retirement benefits and match, life insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and paid time off.
Visit our website at www.yccac.org for an application. Resumes and applications will be accepted until December 21, 2019.
York County Community Action
6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72
Sanford, ME 04073
Phone (207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762